2. Data That We Collect and Receive
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect data from you or from other sources. This “data” may be information that you directly provide to us, such as personal information you provide when you visit the Services, or information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as information collected from your browser or device. The data we collect consists of:
- Data that you provide directly when you register for, or use, the Services. This data will vary, but typically consists of your name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data and identifiers. We also receive data from the communications you send to us, such as customer service inquiries, product reviews, and other feedback regarding the Services.
- User credentials, such as username, password, password hints, and similar security information used to create an account and authenticate users of the Services.
- Demographic data, such as age, gender, country, and language preference.
- Payment data, such as credit card information and billing address.
- Device data, such as type of device, operating system, and other software installed on the device, device settings, IP address, device identifiers, and error reports.
- Usage data, including internet or other electronic network activity information or clickstream data, the programs and features you access, items you purchase, and the timing, frequency, and duration of your interactions through the Services.
- Commercial information, including the tickets or products you purchased, obtained, or considered, and other purchasing, transferring, or consuming histories or tendencies.
- Precise geolocation data. To disable location permissions for our mobile apps, please see the privacy settings on your device for information about your choices.
- Information about your interests and preferences, such as your favorite players or music genres, your home city, or your communications preferences. In addition to what you provide directly, we may infer your interests and preferences from other data we collect, such as the content you interact with while using the Services.
- Third-party integrations. If you connect your use of the Services through a third-party service (e.g., a social media platform), that third party may share certain information from your third-party account with us.
- Other third-party data, such as data from our affiliates, partners, or vendors, data brokers, or public sources.
3. How We Use Data
We use the personal data we collect for the following purposes:
Operating our business. We use the data we collect to operate our business, including providing and improving the Services. Specifically:
- To provide our products and services, such as to fulfill transactions that you request, diagnose and fix problems with the Services, and provide other customer support services.
- For analytical purposes, such as to better understand our fans and how they use the Services.
- To improve and expand our products and services and to build predictive models, which allow us, for example, to tailor the Services and our content based on the data we have about how our fans use the Services.
Communicating with you. We use the data we collect to communicate with you, including responding to your requests or inquiries. Specifically:
- To respond to your request if you contact us with a question or concern.
- To provide information about your account, your use of the Services, or other transactions that you request.
- To deliver news, updates, and other types of communications, according to your subscriptions, alerts, and other preferences.
Marketing and advertising. We use the data we collect for marketing or advertising purposes, on behalf of ourselves, as well as our partners and other third parties. Specifically:
- To send you promotional messages and deliver advertisements about products, services, programs, or events that may be of interest to you. These may be offered by, or on behalf of, GSW, or by our partners and other third parties with whom we have a relationship.
- To otherwise enhance your engagement with us, including by delivering advertisements to you on and off the Services.
The promotional messages and advertisements that you see may be determined by data that we collect or receive about you, such as your demographic data, location data, usage data, interests, and preferences.
Security, compliance and enforcement. We use the data we collect for security, compliance, and enforcement purposes. Specifically:
- To protect the safety and security of our fans and our Services.
- To detect and prevent abuse, fraud, or other unlawful or unauthorized activities.
- To resolve disputes.
- To enforce our agreements, including our policies and terms of service that govern your use of the Services. We also may use your data in any other manner as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent.
We also may use your data in any other manner as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent.
4. How We Share and Disclose Data
There are times when the personal data we collect may be shared. We share your personal data for the following purposes:
Among the NBA Family. We share personal data among the entities within the NBA Family for purposes consistent with this Policy. For these purposes, the “NBA Family” means the National Basketball Association (“NBA”), the Women’s National Basketball Association (“WNBA”), the NBA Gatorade League (“G-League”), the NBA 2K League, their respective teams, and each of their respective affiliates, including among the GSW entities.
Providing the Services. We sometimes engage or partner with other entities who operate the Services or perform certain functions on our behalf – for example, maintaining our fan database, delivering messages and advertising, operating our websites and digital platforms, and analyzing the Services so we can make them more useful to you. We may provide these companies with access to your data for them to perform these functions.
When you visit services operated by third parties. In some cases, we work with third parties to operate certain services. These third parties collect, use, and access your data to perform their functions, and we may allow them to use information about you for their own purposes in accordance with applicable law. For example, we have engaged Fanatics Retail Group Concessions, LLC and its affiliates to operate the GSW Shop. The GSW website and certain other properties are operated by members of the NBA Family, which, in turn, has as of the date of this publication engaged Turner Digital Basketball Services, Inc. (“Turner”), including one or more of its affiliates, to operate the properties. Please note that these third parties may, in some cases, process your data in accordance with their own policies and may supplement the data collected or received in connection with the Services with data they collect or receive through other websites, platforms, and services, in accordance with the policies and disclosures posted on those websites, platforms, and services. Turner is a participant in the online self-regulatory program administered by the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and has agreed to adhere to the DAA’s principles applicable to interest-based advertisements. For more information about the DAA and other choices you have with respect to interest-based advertisements, please visit the “Managing Tracking Technologies” section of this Policy.
When you post content in a forum or public portion of the Services. If you choose to engage in public activities on the Services, you should be aware that any information you share there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these areas. You should use caution in disclosing personal information while participating in these areas, because the information you post may become part of the public domain.
As part of a change in business structure. In the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, reorganization, or similar event, or in contemplation of such an event (e.g., due diligence), your data may be among the transferred assets.
When necessary under certain circumstances. We may disclose your personal data when we believe such disclosure is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process.
- Protect the safety and security of our fans, employees, other individuals, or the Services.
- Prevent fraud, abuse, or other unlawful or unauthorized activities.
- Protect the rights or property of us or third parties, including enforcing the terms of our agreements.
With your consent. We may also share your data for any other purpose as disclosed at the time of collection, or when we have otherwise obtained consent.
We also may use and share data in a manner that does not identify you (for example, information that has been aggregated with other records or anonymized).
5. Third-Party Products and Services
6. What Choices You Have
You have many choices about how we collect, use, and share your data.
Communications choices. You can choose whether you wish to receive promotional messages from GSW and which types of messages you wish to receive. If you receive promotional messages from us and would like to opt out, you may do so by following instructions within those messages. Please note that these preferences do not apply to informational or transactional communications regarding the Services or other communications that have their own unsubscribe method.
Advertising choices. You can opt out of interest-based advertising from participating companies as described in the “Managing Tracking Technologies” section of this Policy.
Other choices. You also have choices about the data you provide directly to us when you register for or use the Services. Please note, however, that if you choose not to provide data that is necessary to provide certain features of the Services, your use of the Services may not include those features
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident, we provide you the opportunity to opt out of our sharing of information with third parties for direct marketing purposes by submitting a request to email@example.com.
You can choose not to share certain location data by adjusting the settings on your device. Please note, however, that if you choose not to share this data, you may not be able to access or use location-based Services.
Third-party services might make certain choices available to you. For example, you may be able to choose to limit the data that third-party services (e.g., social media platforms) share with us using the options provided to you by the applicable third-party service (for example, the options provided by a third-party social media platform when you connect your social media account with the Services). You also may be able to choose to disconnect your use of the Services from the third-party service at any time using the options provided to you by the applicable third-party service. Please note, however, that if you disconnect from the third-party service, that will not delete the data we may have previously collected while you were connected.
7. Cookies and Similar Technologies
We, and third parties that provide content, functionality, or advertising in relation to the Services, collect information about your online activities through cookies, pixels, local storage, and other similar technologies (collectively, “Tracking Technologies”). These Tracking Technologies include, for example:
- Cookies. Cookies are small text files that are unique to your device or browser. They can either be session-based (i.e., lasting only while your browser is open and automatically deleted when you close your browser) or persistent (i.e., lasting until you delete them or they expire). Cookies can serve many useful purposes. For example, cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you do not have to enter those credentials each time you visit a Service, and cookies can help us and third parties understand which parts of the Services are the most popular, because they help us see which pages and features visitors access and how much time they spend on the pages. Most web browsers give you the ability to manage browser-based cookies used on a website, including blocking or deleting them.
- Locally stored objects. Locally stored objects (“LSOs”), also commonly called “Flash cookies,” are stored on your device or browser to provide services that use Adobe Flash technology. For Flash cookies, you can access Flash management tools from Adobe’s website. In addition, some, but not all, browsers provide the ability to remove LSOs within cookie and privacy settings.
- Web beacons. “Web beacons” or clear GIFs are small pieces of code placed on a Service to collect data about users of that Service.
- Software development kits. Mobile Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) are bits of computer code used by mobile app developers to enable or enhance various features of a mobile app. For example, an app developer may include an SDK within a mobile app that enables advertisements to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed in connection with a mobile app.
In some cases, we may work with third parties (for example, third-party operators of the Services) to synchronize our unique, anonymous identifiers (such as those associated with Tracking Technologies) with the third party’s own identifiers. This enables us to better achieve each of the purposes described above.
Managing Tracking Technologies. Some of the third-party companies may participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive interest-based advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the DAA and Network Advertising Initiative to learn more.
You also may be able to opt out of interest-based advertising and/or block Tracking Technologies by adjusting your device or browser settings. Please consult the support materials or privacy settings for your mobile operating system (e.g., iOS for Apple devices, Android for Android devices and Windows for Microsoft devices) for instructions on how to prevent the delivery of interest-based in-application advertisements. For other devices, please visit the privacy settings for the applicable device or contact the applicable platform operator.
Please note that if you choose to block Tracking Technologies, you may not be able to use certain features that depend on those Tracking Technologies (such as keeping you signed in or remembering your preferences). If you choose to delete Tracking Technologies, any settings and preferences that were associated with those Tracking Technologies also will be deleted and may need to be reset. Opting out of interest-based advertising or Tracking Technologies does not mean you will stop seeing, or see fewer, advertisements. It does, however, mean that the advertisements you do see will not be interest-based and may be less relevant to your interests.
Do Not Track. Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” features that send an automated signal to the websites that you visit using that browser. At this time, the Services do not recognize or respond to these signals. However, you can adjust your preferences regarding the data we collect using the tools and methods described above.
8. Security of Data
GSW takes security seriously. We take a number of steps to protect your data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. However, it is important to remember that no system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We recommend that you help us keep your data safe by taking reasonable steps such as keeping your passwords private and not disclosing sensitive personal data in places that can be accessed publicly.
9. Children and Parents
Although there are GSW fans of all ages, the Services are not directed at children under the age of 13, and our policy is to not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. For certain activities in which children are allowed to participate (e.g., Warriors Camp Sessions), any request for personal data (such as registration data) is directed to the parent or legal guardian.
If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 13 has provided personal data to us without parental consent, please contact us using any of the methods described in the “How to Contact Us” section of this Policy, and we will endeavor to delete that data from our systems in accordance with applicable law.
10. Storing Data
By providing personal data in connection with the Services, you acknowledge and consent that such personal data may be transferred from your current location to the offices and servers of GSW and our authorized third-party service providers located in the United States.
We may change this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our business, the Services, or our practices and procedures. If we do make changes, we will post any changes on this page and indicate the date on which the Policy was last revised. We encourage you to review this Policy periodically, especially before you provide personal data directly to us through the Services.
12. How to Contact Us
Although we strive to make this Policy as comprehensive as possible, we know you may still have questions or concerns about how we collect, use and share data. If you have a question, concern or complaint regarding our data privacy practices, you may contact us at the following address:
Golden State Warriors, LLC/GSW Arena LLC
1 Warriors Way
San Francisco, CA 94158